VOGONS

Common searches

improve protected mode emulation?

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by user222

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Is anyone interested in improving the protected mode emulation, so the you could run Win9x/ME in DOSBox with the "boot" command?

Reply 3 of 10, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

@DOSFREAK: I think it is not a good policy to stop people who want to do something (I hope that USER222 meant that and not just: "somebody else should do it...").

@USER222: you can do whatever you want and submit it as a patch... If you want to do something with W9x, I can recommend you to contact WD who did some experiments as well. I mean: when you are working on something yourselves, not with ("it would be cool if you made it work...")...

Remember also that W9x experiments are beyond scope of DOSBOX project, so do not expect officiall support from QBIX or Harekiet...

Mirek

Reply 6 of 10, by CraigG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I was thinking we are scaring off a potentiall developer...

Potential Developer 🙄
All he ever does is whinge.
Perhaps you should stop pampering to the newbie morons, and start doing your job as a moderator.

BTW, speaking of pampering to newbies, where's HunterZ ?
I'm sure there must be a thread somewhere that he ain't in, or answered.
HunterZ, on a mission to answer EVERY newbie dumb- ass question, going.

No-wonder this forum is slowing going down the slipper slope. Everybody thinks they can whinge and bitch over something that cost them ZIP, Nothing, sod all.
I used to love it here, I now hate it. I only come here to blast the newbie scum, and see how Dosbox progresses.
Oh well.

Athlon 64 3000+ stock
MSI NForce 4 K8N Neo Platinum
2Gb RAM
nVidia Geforce 6800GT stock clocks
SBLive! Platinum + Audigy ZS2 Drivers
WinXP Pro SP2

Reply 7 of 10, by damien

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

No-wonder this forum is slowing going down the slipper slope.

A forum is a reflection of a community. Perhaps the increase in n00b questions is a reflection of the growing popularity of dosbox?

With this increase in popularity comes an increase in unreasonable demands on performance and quality. I don't think it is fair to accuse users requesting this of naivety; if you don't like their comments, then ignore them instead of posting negative and disparaging comments.

Reply 8 of 10, by CraigG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I don't think it is fair to accuse users requesting this of naivety;

Oh I'm so sorry for upsetting the f*king newbie bullshit that goes on here.
So, accusing users of <cough> UNFAIR requests because of a FREE program, thats been kindly programed and donated to the community, that doesn't run too well on their shite computers ?

Well here's some news for you, Sherlock, Dosbox demands a lot out of a PC, and if some of the morons that populate this board really UNDERSTOOD how this superb piece of software worked, then perhaps we wouldn't get the really dumb ass questions the KEEP cropping up.

And as for the popularity, well, DOS should NEVER be put into the hands of complete idiots who know Feck all about DOS. PERIOD.
DOS, was never diesgined for morons. You had to put a lot of work into it, to make things happen. It's not a bloody Playstation, you know. 🙄

I swear some idiots simply think of Dosbox like they do of MAME, and you simply click and run, when in reality, they both couldn't be soo different.

Athlon 64 3000+ stock
MSI NForce 4 K8N Neo Platinum
2Gb RAM
nVidia Geforce 6800GT stock clocks
SBLive! Platinum + Audigy ZS2 Drivers
WinXP Pro SP2

Reply 9 of 10, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Officially Windows 9x probably will never be supported by DosBox.

Now an unofficial patch may add support by some 3rd party or there may be a spin-off of DosBox but it is not the design goal of DosBox to officially support Windows 9x.

Thread closed.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 10 of 10, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

CraigG, stop trolling. If you have nothing constructive to add to the discussion except for immature trash-talking then you're doing even more of a disservice than you're accusing everyone else of, and you shouldn't bother posting here any more at all.

I was going to delete your post, but decided it wouldn't be appropriate since it was directed against me. I won't have any problems with deleting any posts that make personal attacks on other forum users, however.

Also, you're seriously going to die of a heart attack soon if you don't calm the f*ck down.