VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by stanwebber

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

i ask this for both standalone fluidsynth as well as for patching libfluidsynth into dosbox. i have tried to compile fluidsynth v2.2.9 down all the way to v1.0.9 (the earliest source files i could find) and the problem always seems to be dsound.h.

i'm running the most up to date mingw/msys using the mingw-get-setup installer. i have cmake v3.4.3 installed to build the makefiles using the -G 'msys makefiles' switch. i also got the recommended 32bit build requirements from gtk.org:
glib-2.28
glib-dev-2.28
pkg-config-0.26
proxy-libintl
gettext-runtime-0.18

the directsound binaries in my current setup allow me to successfully compile a working dosbox-svn and mt32emu under win9x. where can i obtain (or build) a dsound.h that will compile with fluidsynth while still being compatible with win9x? is the baseline directsound requirement simply beyond the reach of anything earlier than xp? has anyone even tried this before?

Reply 1 of 1, by Gmlb256

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

IIRC, yes. The only major problem is glib which has an ugly circular dependency with pkg-config.

VIA C3 Nehemiah 1.2A @ 1.46 GHz | ASUS P2-99 | 256 MB PC133 SDRAM | GeForce3 Ti 200 64 MB | Voodoo2 12 MB | SBLive! | AWE64 | SBPro2 | GUS