VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Larkatiel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey everyone. I've been trying to make a shortcut on my desktop that automatically loads a Windows 3.1 game via DOSBox. The game in particular is Eastern Mind: The Lost Souls of Tong Nou. I've tried a variety of methods, including editing the conf file to say win (insert game directory here,) and editing the WIN.ini to automatically run the game. When I start up DOSBox, the game starts, but there's no sound. I'm positive the game's sound works when I load it manually. Is there something I'm doing wrong here? I'm a bit of a newbie at this, so forgive me if I did something wrong.

Reply 1 of 2, by Gmlb256

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hello. Did you install the SB16 driver for Windows 3.1? There should be a startup sound when Windows starts.

VIA C3 Nehemiah 1.2A @ 1.46 GHz | ASUS P2-99 | 256 MB PC133 SDRAM | GeForce3 Ti 200 64 MB | Voodoo2 12 MB | SBLive! | AWE64 | SBPro2 | GUS

Reply 2 of 2, by Larkatiel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Gmlb256 wrote on 2023-01-31, 04:50:

Hello. Did you install the SB16 driver for Windows 3.1? There should be a startup sound when Windows starts.

I believe so. I hear a 'ding' when the OS starts, and when I manually load the game I hear sound.