VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by PECCO

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

IT'S POSSIBLE DISABLE KEY FUNCTION CTRL+ESC OF WINDOWS??

Reply 1 of 4, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

why ask here ?
that is clearly a problem of your OS.
Maybe an idea would be to get rid of the bugged os and get a decent OS like linux.
*hides quickly*

Well To be honest I don't have a clue. I recall in win98 you could get some properties(rightclick) on an executable and there was a set of keys as well. (which could be enabled disabled)

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 2 of 4, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Go into Control Panel and click on Keyboard. Now I don't know about default properties (I have the latest MS keyboard software installed), on mine I can simply choose "Disable the left windows logo key" and it works.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 3 of 4, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

another solution would be to bind the esc key to a different key inside dosbox using the keymapper.
then you can press (for example) ctrl-1 which acts inside dosbox as a ctrl-esc.

Read the readme it should contain an example/documentation on how to use the keymapper.

And please don't double post and DON't USE CAPS!

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 4 of 4, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Qbix wrote:

Well To be honest I don't have a clue. I recall in win98 you could get some properties(rightclick) on an executable and there was a set of keys as well. (which could be enabled disabled)

Actually I think that only works for the properties of DOS programs and shortcuts in all versions of Win9x/2K/XP.

DosFreak wrote:

Go into Control Panel and click on Keyboard. Now I don't know about default properties (I have the latest MS keyboard software installed), on mine I can simply choose "Disable the left windows logo key" and it works.

Must be a special feature of the MS keyboard software (which you can probably download from microsoft.com and use with most any keyboard - I know their mouse utility is that way), as I don't see anything like that in the default XP keyboard applet (I just get repeat delay, repeat rate, cursor blink rate and a hardware properties tab that gives you a different path for accessing the driver properties)