VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by digitalmea

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have folowing problem:

When I have an ISO mounted, and exit Dosbox using the exit command, it closes it's window, but it stays in the tasklist until I shut it down. The simple solution would be to unmount the drive, unfortunatly Dosbox doesn't allow ISO drives to be unmounted.

Anyone got a solution for this? Thanks in advance!

Reply 4 of 20, by digitalmea

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am using version 0.63. It just seems to be a problem with the ISO mounting, cause even when I only mount and then exit I have this problem, and all my other games which don't mount work work just fine.

I tried the CVS, same problem. I think we have an issue here. Any idea's for a workaround?

Reply 5 of 20, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Can't think of a user workaround. There's almost certianly a coding fix though...

Actually, you could try mounting the ISO with Daemon Tools or Alcohol. That would allow you to use the normal mount command inside of DOSBox.

Reply 6 of 20, by digitalmea

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well, that does fix the problem, but it adds an extra tool, and I am working on an all in one solution. Abandonloader,Dosbox and VDMsound were easy to intergrate, but I doubt that will be the case with those 2. I guess I'll just have to wait till the code is fixed, where can I report bugs?

Reply 8 of 20, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

I would like a conformation of this bug. and more information. (which iso/ which os)
as It behaves fine at my place

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 9 of 20, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I can't replicate it. Here's the procedure I tried:

- Start recent CVS build of DOSBox (Windows XP)
- Use imgmount to mount a CDROM ISO
- Use the exit command to exit DOSBox
- Open the Task Manager

Didn't see dosbox.exe listed.

Reply 10 of 20, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I've had the behavior he's mentioning happen to me with various CVS builds of DosBox. You'd exit the DosBox application but the console window would stay behind. I'd have to kill the console through Task Manager. I have all the previous DosBox builds but I'm hoping it's one of the .dll dependencies. How is the console handled? I noticed that it doesn't use NTVDM.....does SDL handle that part?

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 11 of 20, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Oh, I guess he's talking about different behavior....The DosBox GUI disappearing but still loaded in memory. Sounds like the process isn't unloading which could be an OS problem.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 14 of 20, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I don't think I use sdl_sound in my own builds, which could be why I don't experience it. I don't know how it could be related though - I thought sdl_sound was just for capturing DOSBox's sound output to a file.

Reply 18 of 20, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Dominus: Seems what digitalmea is reporting is different in two ways:
1. The behavior seems to happen exiting via the 'exit' command in DOSBox. Digitalmea didn't report whether closing via the Windows X button also results in the problem
2. Instead of crashing, it looks like it closes but the dosbox process is still running