VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Guest

User metadata

When I start up dosbox using fullscreen=false the window is relatively small but usuable. However if I then start a game it tends to get a lot smaller. Is there a way to control the size of this window (I don't want to run fullscreen but within a window). Thanks.

Reply 2 of 4, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yes, an RTFM is definitely in order...

Qbix: It would be nice if one could specify a fixed window size though, and have DOSBox scale its output up or down to stay at that size. It's kind of annoying with some output= modes that the DOS prompt window is many times larger than a window when running a 320x200 game, if you have DOSBox set to do certain kinds of hardware and/or software scaling. Moe's OpenGL-HQ SDL.dll allows the user to do this, but of course only for his OpenGL-HQ mode.

Reply 3 of 4, by Freddo

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

SNES9X for Windows is pretty neat in windowed mode. It's possible to change the size of the window all the time and the game screen is scaled accordingly.

Realtime resizing would be neat to have in DOSBox aswell.

Reply 4 of 4, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I feel it's worth noting that it's harder in DOSBox than in most other emulators because DOS games use more than one emulated resolution, while consoles (like the SNES) tend to run in something close to 320x224 (give or take a little).