VOGONS

Common searches

help

Topic actions

First post, by WesleyNL

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi i have a question i use it for 1st time dosbox an i type in dosbox mouth c d:\ but it still stays on z and if i try again or type somethin els it says illigal command can some1 help me

Reply 5 of 10, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

thats because of the spaces in the path name.
Do it differently:
in dosbox type mount c "c:\program files\path to where your old games are"
then c:
you are now right where your games are and you only have to use "cd" to change the dir.
For example
cd gamex

Reply 6 of 10, by WesleyNL

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ok got it working bur does it not save the mount now i have to mount every time oh and my soun laggs what can i do i have amd athlon xp 2400+ 768 ddr ram 2x sata 200gb 2 nec 3500 dvd burners so my pc cant be slow

Reply 8 of 10, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

*sigh*

There is an [autoexec] section in the dosbox.conf (text file inside the folder where you installed dosbox) that allows to run certain commands (like mount) when dosbox starts.

Judging from your post, your ms-dos knowledge is little or non-existant. I am still saying you should get a front-end. It will make things easier for you.

As for the sound lag, I am guessing your haven't even read the MANUAL nor the guides on this forum. You shoud do so, ASAP.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 10 of 10, by `Moe`

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Are you aware that there are thousands of people like you?

That's not a bad thing - we always welcome new users.

But think a moment: The problems you have are not new. Many, many other people had the exact same problems. And we answer these same questions over and over. Please search the forums, the wiki, the README (yes, it contains the answer to your problem) before asking, because all these simple questions have already been answered.