VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Cody Richeson

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

My sister and I have tried repeatedly to follow the instructions in the Readme regarding the Z:\ drive issue but nothing has worked. I personally don't even understand what the Readme is talking about. If someone could clarify it and help me with this I'd appreciate it. I did a search for Z:\ drive related topics before typing this but nothing came up.

Reply 3 of 9, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

He/she is staring blanky at DOSBox Z:\ prompt not knowing what to do. 😁

If you do not understand the readme, it would be wise for you to get a front-end.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 4 of 9, by Cody Richeson

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
eL_PuSHeR wrote:

He/she is staring blanky at DOSBox Z:\ prompt not knowing what to do. 😁

If you do not understand the readme, it would be wise for you to get a front-end.

A front-end? What is that? 😕

Reply 7 of 9, by nightmares_dawn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, different person here, but similar trouble. I am perfectly capable of getting Dosbox working on my PC, infact it's almost second nature to me. However... My problem lies with Dosbox on Mac.

I am sat staring blankly at the z:\ thingy, not having a clue where to mount c: to. The readme that came with it explained Linux and win32, completely avoiding Mac (Was this deliberate?).

I tried the readme instructions of mount c: d:/ and mount c: /home/myname without any success at all... So please...

TELL ME HOW TO GET THE BLOODY THING TO MOUNT C TO MY OSX DESKTOP!!!

p.s. The drag and drop into the dosbox icon/window/wherever don't work.

Reply 9 of 9, by `Moe`

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Follow the instructions in the README to the letter: It's

mount c /some/path

and NOT

mount c: /some/path