VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I wish to make a guide for this site which gives users a guide to get old SIerra CD games working with full speech/etc without need for the cd. This greatly reduces sound skipping and I've done it so far with many games and it works like a charm (Space Quest 6, Larry 7, Kq7, Pq4,)

I just wanted to double check and make sure its within the rules to do so? Its only a simply copy paste and editing job that anyone can do so I feel it would be nice to post.

Mod/admin please let me know.

Reply 3 of 7, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
HunterZ wrote:

I'm a bit more liberal about that kind of thing than are most of my fellow moderators, so of course my vote is yes. Snover has the final word though.

Thats ok, I can wait 😀 I'm just eager to help out fellow sierra game fans to get their cd games working in dosbox.

For the record this would only be for those who own the original games...since you need the full cd content in order to do this. 😜 I would be sure to put that warning on the thread too.

Reply 4 of 7, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

if you mean the resource.cfg "hack" then it's okay i think as you don't modify the executables. it should be posted in the dosbox games thing. and be linked from that overview thread at the start. put in the end it's Snovers call

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 5 of 7, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes, thats the method I was referring to. 😉 However some sierra games require knowledge of what to copy over from the CD and overwrite etc, so I was going to make a mini guide for the ones I've done. Guess I'll wait for snover.

Reply 6 of 7, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Count another vote from me. Of course, Snover has the final word on this. 😎
As far as you have the original and nothing illegal is involved, it should be okay (no cracking, no EXE modifying....)

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)