VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Simmerhead

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

For some reasons I am unable to get full screen DOSBox on my Intel NUC and ASUS ROG GR5. I get a letterboxed screen. I thought it was the somewhat unusual 5:4 format of my DELL 21" LCD that caused it, but then I tried my newest build, a Mini-ITX system with internal graphics from an Intel i5-3475S (Intel HD Graphics 4000), and there everything was fine in glorious full screen mode.

The even stranger thing is that on this last PC, the DOS-promt screen is also full screen. On my other two computers the DOS-promt is even more letterboxed than when I launch the games.

All three computers run Windows 10 - and all three computers uses the exact same DOSBox config file with no tweaks apart from "full screen mode true".

Any ideas as to what is causing the letterboxing?

Simmerhead - Old is gold!

Reply 2 of 3, by Simmerhead

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
feda wrote on 2023-10-09, 08:15:

Did you try all the different resolution and output options under the [sdl] heading?

Nope. I've tried every setting under the sun in the DOSBox config file, but no full screen without letter boxing.

I just don't understand why it works fine with one computer, but not the other. Is it a Windows Display setting I have overlooked, or simply an issue with the graphics card or drivers?

Simmerhead - Old is gold!

Reply 3 of 3, by feda

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Simmerhead wrote on 2023-10-09, 16:41:
feda wrote on 2023-10-09, 08:15:

Did you try all the different resolution and output options under the [sdl] heading?

Nope. I've tried every setting under the sun in the DOSBox config file, but no full screen without letter boxing.

I just don't understand why it works fine with one computer, but not the other. Is it a Windows Display setting I have overlooked, or simply an issue with the graphics card or drivers?

It's probably a Dosbox config issue.

Try these:
fullscreen=true
fullresolution=desktop
output=opengl
aspect=true