VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Gynvael Coldwind

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi.

I'm running (compiled from source) Dosbox 0.63 on linux (2.6.12.3) with Xorg 6.8.2. The problem is that when I run it in fullscreen mode, i only get a small "window" (the rest of the screen is black) at the center of the screen. The resolusion doesn't change (I use 1024x768x24@85 at Xwindow, and have 640x480 set up in .dosboxrc), nor is the window "resized" to full screen.
I have tried many diffrent settings in dosbox (surface/overlay/opengl/openglnb, diffrent resolutions, diffrent "true/false" settings at some parametrs) but i can't get it to work.
The funny thing is that the same config with the same version of dosbox works fine at M$ Windows (the resolution changes, used a binary distribution thou). It also worked when i had linux (2.6.8) with Xfree installed (i've used dosbox 0.62 or even 0.61 back then). So I guess it's a problem with Xorg.

Oh, I have a radeon 9250 (with drivers from ATI installed).

Anyone had a similar problem maybe ? I could realy use some hints ;>

Thanks in advance =^^=

ps.
.dosboxrc

[sdl] fullscreen=true fulldouble=true fullfixed=false fullresolution=640x480 output=surface hwscale=1.00 autolock=true sensitivi […]
Show full quote

[sdl]
fullscreen=true
fulldouble=true
fullfixed=false
fullresolution=640x480
output=surface
hwscale=1.00
autolock=true
sensitivity=100
waitonerror=true
priority=highest,normal
mapperfile=mapper.txt

[dosbox]
language=
machine=vga
captures=.
memsize=32

[render]
frameskip=2
aspect=true
scaler=normal2x

[cpu]
core=dynamic
cycles=10000
cycleup=500
cycledown=20

xorg.conf (just a pice)

Section "Screen" Identifier "Screen0" Device "Card0" Monitor "Monitor0" DefaultDepth 24 […]
Show full quote

Section "Screen"
Identifier "Screen0"
Device "Card0"
Monitor "Monitor0"
DefaultDepth 24
SubSection "Display"
Viewport 0 0
Depth 1
EndSubSection
SubSection "Display"
Viewport 0 0
Depth 4
EndSubSection
SubSection "Display"

Viewport 0 0
Depth 8
EndSubSection
SubSection "Display"
Viewport 0 0
Depth 15
EndSubSection
SubSection "Display"
Viewport 0 0
Depth 16
EndSubSection
SubSection "Display"
Viewport 0 0
Modes "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480" "320x240" "320x200"
Depth 24
EndSubSection
SubSection "Display"
Viewport 0 0
Modes "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480" "320x240" "320x200"
Depth 32
EndSubSection
EndSection

gynvael.coldwind//vx

Reply 4 of 6, by Guest

User metadata

Hi

I had exactly the same problem with my notebook running under windows xp pro, and I ve tried everything and the only thing that made it working again is updating my video drivers... my video card is an integrated intel video card I dont remenber the name, but when I updated my drivers it worked very fine, so maybe it is a problem with your video drivers..

try that... good luck 😀

see ya

Reply 6 of 6, by Tigershark

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I had the same problem. Trying to run dosbox in fullscreen mode on my laptop, an error message appeared and a few seconds later, dosbox has been aborted.

Downloading the newest graphics driver from the intel homepage, my problem is solved an dosbox runs fine in fullscreen mode. 😊