VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Newbie

User metadata

Hey there!

After compiling Dosbox-0.63 in Linux, it runs fine and everything works... except that, once it receives mouse focus, it won't give it up until I exit the program! This is hugely annoying. I did some research and discovered that appearently SDL is to blame, but couldn't find any details on how to solve the problem. Essentially, I'd like to get the Windows-like alt-tab behavior.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks for your time.

Reply 1 of 2, by dougdahl

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

When you try CTRL-F10 to capture/release the mouse like it says in the README, it doesn't work?
Strange.

Have you remapped either of the keys?
Or is that combination used by something else?
Personally I have CTRL-F1 through F4 used by Sawfish to switch to the various workspaces. Just found out those keys don't work in dosbox since they've already being used (shows just how much I use those keys).
You might want to see if something else is using that combination. No idea where to look.

Reply 2 of 2, by Guest

User metadata

Have you remapped either of the keys?

Hurrah! That was the problem. Appearently, my distro had the ctrl-F10 combination mapped to something else in X11 (not sure what exactly). I commented out the line and now DosBox gives up the mouse when told.

Thank you very much for your help! It's greatly appreciated!

And DosBox is wonderful. 😀 I can finally play my Master of Orion after all these years. And on my favorite operating system!