VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by vicdreyer

User metadata

I don't want to run in a full screen as I would like to be able to access other windows programs on my desktop, but the 'window' that the game runs in is too small and I can't seem to 'stretch' the window any larger.

Is there a way to increase the size of the window that the game runs in without resorting to full screen mode?

Thanks,

Vic

Reply 2 of 10, by Guest

User metadata

I changed the hwscaling to 1.5, and the window remains the same size. Does that meam my hardware (HP Pavilion 1.8 GH doesn't support hardware scaling?)

The main reason I am trying to run in a larger window is that the window that the game 'Lemmings' runs in is so small that I have problems reading the text in that game. Otherwise the games runs great..(in a small 'window' that is)

Vic

Reply 6 of 10, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Make sure you're not putting any part of the DOSBox window on a secondary monitor (especially if you have an ATI video card) - that often kills my speed in DOSBox and a lot of other games for some reason.

avatar: I think the resolution setting only affects full screen. hwscale= and scaler= settings are the only way to make a window bigger that I know of. scaler= will be slower than hwscale= in most cases.

Reply 7 of 10, by vicdreyer

User metadata

Hey All!

It worked! I reinstalled dosbox, and made only two changes to the *.conf file: hwscale 1.50, output ddraw
Also, I was not using the frontend D-Fend (which I think may have been part of the reason it did not work before).
For now, I'm not using a front end anymore, I'm just going to stay with the 'ol Dos prompt Z:> and use the Dos commands....( after all it works now)

Thanks for all your help!

Vic

Reply 8 of 10, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Cool. Using command-line may be annoying but it's more rewarding afterwards, specially for ms-dos purists.... 😁

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)