VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Boscoe

User metadata

ok, every time i try to open DosBox, either by double clicking the icon or through D-fend, the window will open for a split second and then close. it might say some kind of error but its gone too quick to read it. what am i doing wrong? i downloaded the win-32 installer (i use windows xp) and the sdl file the readme told me to get, is there anything els i should download? pleas help me.

Reply 1 of 3, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Check your video drivers to see if they are updated. Also your direct-x installation. If all else fails, get a different SDL.DLL version.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 2 of 3, by Guest

User metadata

thank you for your advice. my video drivers are fine, and i have direct-x 9. is there some kind of specal way of installing the sdl.dll, cause all i did was unzip it into the dosbox folder. please pardon my newbishness but i really want to play champions of krynn. any help would be appreciated. thank you

Reply 3 of 3, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

We really need more info on this. What are your system specs, do you have an LCD monitor (some resolutions/scalers crash dosbox), what settings have you changed in the dosbox.conf? What settings are you running dosbox with?

If you run dosbox righ out of the installer how does it work? SDL comes with dosbox so there is no need for a seperate download/install for it. Perhaps you accidently overwrote sdl in the dosbox folder and caused a problem.

Does CVS work for you?

http://ykhwong.x-y.net/page.htm

Try that and see, without changing options. What I would do is start off with the default setup and see which option causes it to crash.