VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by FilmmakerJWA

User metadata

How do i mount the harddrive folders in a Macintosh? I'm familiar with Dos quite well, but new to Macs... what exaclty do I type to get a Mac folder mounted?

Thanks!

Reply 1 of 5, by neowolf

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The syntax is a little different. Instead of C:\blah\blah it'll be /blah/blah for something on your boot drive. For example say something's on your desktop you wanna mount, it'd be: /Users/yourusername/Desktop/game or for an example from my setup, /Users/neowolf/Documents/DOSBox/c

Also keep in mind that this is (probably) case sensitive. Meaning you need to type the folder name exactly as it is caps and all.

Reply 4 of 5, by `Moe`

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

FYI" OSX supports two different filesystems, one is case-sensitive (UFS), the other one is not (HFS+). HFS+ is usually used by default.

Reply 5 of 5, by neowolf

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Actually OS X goes a bit further with Tiger. There's a case sensitive version of HFS+ that's an option now too. However using that or UFS, the other case sensitive file system can cause problems in apps, especially older carbon ports. (Blizzard's games for example have issues~) Still, typically *nix ports, especially while still on the command line tend to function case sensitively.