VOGONS

First post, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hello all. I didn't know where to post this, so forgive me if this isn't the proper place. Testing Nov, 4th DOSBox CVS build, i noticed colors in windowed mode are totally messed up. For instance, white text appears as blue. ??? Has anybody experienced this behaviour? Running on a GF4 Ti4200 under WinXP. Full screen modes are running properly, though. I have also noticed SDL.DLL is a lot bigger.

Reply 1 of 10, by Xerxes

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It happened to me once. But after change to full screen and back to windowed mode - it is ok now. I got Radeon 9000Pro here - Catalysts ver 3.7

Reply 2 of 10, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It happens. It's happened to me frequently using the same card as you El_pusher. It's just something to deal with i guess. I do what Xerxes does. That's all i know.

Ieremiou

Reply 3 of 10, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Nope. Going to full-screen and then windowed-mode doesn't fix it. Thanks for your replies anyway. I usually play at full-screen.

Reply 4 of 10, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Try Cat3.8.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 5 of 10, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I have a nVIDIA card. 😁
BTW. Catalyst 3.9 are out...
http://ati.com/support/driver.html

Last edited by eL_PuSHeR on 2003-11-07, 12:51. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 6 of 10, by Xerxes

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

With Cats 3.9, also everything is ok.

Reply 7 of 10, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Try Detonator 52 then.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 8 of 10, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I think waiting for the next CVS release is easier. Tested later dets and they gave me lots of problems, mainly in games, where they got out of frequency. Besides, i find them worse performers. Went back to the previous release and haven't had any important issues. Your suggestions are welcome, anyway.

Reply 9 of 10, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Nov. 10th CVS build is working properly again. Ha ha this is just like lottery. Next time i will backup current CVS before testing a new one. Thank you for all your suggestions/ideas/support. 😎

Reply 10 of 10, by icemann

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The new cvs's come out every few days anyway. So generally if something gets broken in one cvs, it`ll be fixed in the next.

Two stones, two crosses, the rest is just icing. - 7th Guest