VOGONS

First post, by pusherbot

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

I'm attempting to run GTA in DOSBox on macOS 10.13, with 3dfx/Glide support. I've tried using the Glide Wrapper from @thedoctor45 and @Dominus with the version from emuparadise. I also tried the pre-assembled version on the PortingTeam's site. In both cases, I can get the menu to run (tinted green), but when I try to start the game, I get the "What 3dfx card?" message.

Does anyone else have this working? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Reply 1 of 3, by Crosma

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I had problems getting other builds to work, so I put together my own version of DOSBox for macOS. It has Glide support, and working high colour and true colour modes too:

http://crosma.com/software/dosboxlove.tar.bz2

Reply 2 of 3, by pusherbot

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks, Crosma, but I wasn't able to get it to work with `glide=true` in the config file. It doesn't even get to the DOS prompt; the DOSBox logo comes up, and then the app exits. If I set `glide=false`, everything appears to work as usual. I didn’t see any clues in Console.app.

Are you running macOS 10.13? Does Glide work for you?

I'm just using the .app file you included, I did not try compiling from source.

Thanks again.

Reply 3 of 3, by Crosma

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
pusherbot wrote:

Thanks, Crosma, but I wasn't able to get it to work with `glide=true` in the config file. It doesn't even get to the DOS prompt; the DOSBox logo comes up, and then the app exits. If I set `glide=false`, everything appears to work as usual.

Can you run it via. terminal like so (assuming it's in /Applications):

cd /Applications
./DOSBoxLOVE.app/Contents/MacOS/dosboxlove

What output do you get in the terminal?

Your "DOSBox LOVE Preferences" file should look like a regular DOSBox config file, except that it should have the extra lines enabling Glide.

Yes, Glide does work for me on 10.13 with this build.