VOGONS

First post, by abyss

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I don't kno how to do all of this but i wanted to make dos box a lot more user freindly. Here is how it works get rid of the blue screen on the top and put a few words on the top which would b if you want help type help.
It would look much more like dos because dosbox does not feel like your using an actual dos. I would also make a boot command. to mount a game you would just have type c:/bmenace/biopatch then type bmenace1 or bmenace 2 or bmenace 3. If you were to mount a cd you would simply type in a little more than if it were not a cd but not much more what you would type in is c:/cd strikebase/install. Those were just some examples but it would make dos box feel more like dos and make it easier to use.

Reply 1 of 3, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

DosBox is not supposed to feel like DOS. DOS is a Disk Operating System, which requires it to do alot more than play games.

The primary purpose of DosBox is for playing games. Gamers are a lazy bunch. They can barely read and do not care to.

To mount a game you would just have to type c:/bmenace/biopatch then type bmenace1 or bmenace2 or bmenace 3

So basically you want to be able to type in "C:\bmenace" and then the name of the executable for the game and have the game automagically work?

Sorry but stop being so lazy. If you can't stop being lazy then use a frontend for DosBox like DBGL or D.O.G. DosBox developers are not going to cater to gamer laziness.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2 of 3, by kruwi

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It's difficult for me to understand the meaning of your post, abyss.

How can you want dosbox to be "more userfriendly" on the one hand, while you want it to "feel more like dos" on the other hand?

DOS has never been famous for its userfriendliness!!!!! If you want userfriendlieness (or laziness!) use a frontend.
If you want it bo feel more like DOS (this seems contradictory to your "userfriendly" claim) you can boot a real DOS via using harddisk-images.

Dosbox is neither lazy-friendly (but userfriendly enough, at least for me) nor is it a DOS (Disk Operating System). It is a tool. A great tool, indeed, which should feel just like it actually feels.

Visit the end of the internet: www.groskreutz.de