VOGONS

First post, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This has been a small issue with 1st person games (most noticeably).

Keyboard input can cause a bit of a "lagging" problem. If I start walking and shooting....occasionally the game keeps moving in one direction. In other words I open a door, turn left, then try to turn back but the game will still be turning left and anything I press is delayed.

Its really hard to explain but it occurs in both Blake Stone and Wolfenstein 3D. It doesn't make the games unplayable, but its a minor issue that I can't seem to solve (changing cycles for more or less doesn't help)

It seems like the game looses track of keyboard input when you walk too much, and has to play catch up every so often.

Anyone else notice this or is it just on my end?

Reply 3 of 5, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thank you sir! 😁 That solved all my problems. Is there some reason why a higher priority would cause this? Should I be running all my games at 'normal'? I never thought to tinker with this setting....

Reply 5 of 5, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
`Moe` wrote:

Do you use some "hot-key" or "application button" software? I recall these were blamed in that other thread.

I do have a microsoft fancy media keyboard with the ability to set hotkeys (I have none active) but I had this problem even with my old standard PS/2 keyboard as well.

Regardless, changing the priority solved the problem.