VOGONS

Memory, CPU? leaks & Hercules bug

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 20 of 22, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Well, I am from the Czech Republic (a bit NW of Hungary, but technically still east) and I do not think it looks like Spotted Cheetah writes... Most of people I know have quite good computers. Most of others has older computers because they do not need better...
I have rather old Athlon 1Ghz, 256 MB for 2 or 3 years just because I do not think I need anything else, not because I could not buy a better one.

I do not like arguing by "poorness" of the east... Some years ago there were (perhaps there are still) some people wondering that we have microwaves here... No need to support such nonsense by argument like that presented here... Hungary is n EU member and I doubt it is in worse condition than the Czech Republic...

As for people working on DOSBOX: As far as I know QBIX and Harekiet are from Netherlands, Moe is from Germany, Finsterr was from Germany, CANADACOW is clearly from Canada (though living in USA) etc...

To argue by performance of emulators of C64 or SNES really shows some basic lack of knowledge... C64 had 8 bit processor, I am not sure whether SNES had 8 or 16 bit processor, but anyway it was slow... Nothing even remotely to compare with the specification of the decent DOS PC...

Mirek

Reply 21 of 22, by `Moe`

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Spotted Cheetah wrote:

You seem to not even wishing to interpret properly what i tell. I point out the bugs since they happen the same way even on the most modern equipments

Indeed, I feel no urge to involve in a discussion about how programs work internally with a person who has obviously no expertise in that area. I wasn't sure before, so I gave you a chance. Now it is clear to me that you do not know what you are talking about.

If you have a specific problem with a specific game on a specific (usable) platform, then why didn't you say so? So, go on, and post a proper problem report. You know, with all the infos we need. There are posting guidelines for proper and quick help with specific problems.

And please stop talking nonsense about how DOSBox uses less accurate emulation or something - what on earth gives you the expertise to judge that? Did it ever occur to you that it might be your fault? We can find out. Just post a proper problem report. With all relevant infos. See the posting guidelines. And please start a new topic in the right forum for that.