VOGONS

First post, by cmw

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi there!

After hours of trying around (and finally recognizing that I have to compile/install the SDL Package first b4 it would let me compile DosBox), I know finally have a working .exe, which, however is 13MB in Size! Since this can't be really normal, umm, where's my error?

I use WinXP with MinGW and MSYS.

Also, sound seems to stutter (though I can't be sure it's not just that one game, I have to find some more, but I have ugly sound at Ocean Trader).

Any suggestsions?

Best regards

Reply 3 of 3, by cmw

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

THX, that worked, now I've got a bunch of new questions^^

I installed Windows 3.11 and everything works kinda... It's just my machine is not that fast (only 1,7 Ghz Centrino) and will go down very quickly with s3 @ 800x600.

If I use dynamic core, the keyboard does not respond anymore, but everything else still works (and hell of a lot faster!). Any way to get keyboard running with core?

Another question: s32 extensions aren't supposed to work, atm? I could install them but e.g. Freecell will crash DosBox (also on normal core), aswell as does IrfanView Installer which should work (with s32).

And yet another question: I installed Media Player 5.2 but it will only play .asf files and such, how can I tell him to play avi? Video for Windows is installed and if i doubleclick a avi it will play back.

regards