VOGONS

Dongles?? PCAD, PSAVE

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 42 of 45, by dozer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Dominus, how would a scaler show more of the drawing on the screen at once? PCAD would still only be displaying 640x480 pixels worth of the schematic or PCB layout. It would simply be bigger, with the scaler.

Unless I'm not understanding what you mean...

HAL, thanks for the word on dosbox not changing the graphics-chip settings. That gave me confidence to just try it.

PCAD seems to start without error, and the dosbox window does auto-resize to basically full-screen.

However, it's not drawing properly. It is repeating the first 480 pixels vertically. I.e. the bottom couple inches of screen is a repeat of the top couple inches.

It -looks- like it might be displaying -both- the additional couple hundred pixels AND the top couple hundred on top of that. But it's hard to be sure...it's kind of a jumble...grin.

I initially brought it up with the conf file as it was, i.e. windowed....but then also tried the full-screen setting, with the FS resolution parameter at 1024x768. No difference...seemed to act exactly the same.

It does not appear to have any problems horizontally.

Reply 43 of 45, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

It wasn't clear to me that you wanted to see more of the drawing, I thought you'd just want to see it bigger.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 44 of 45, by Volegna

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi folks,

I'm also trying to run P-CAD in a dosbox environment, just like "dozer" but i am encountering a PS2-mouse problem.
First this info :

I'm using "dosbox_30.09.2009.exe". DOSBox starts up, then i mount the p-cad directory. After running psave succesfully, i manually start up with entering "pccaps". The program starts also succesfully but i can only draw circles and lines with keyboard. I cannot move the p-cad crosshair with my PS-2 mouse. The strange thing is : i have a black mouse-arrow in the dosbox environment itself and i can move it around, but when i'm in p-cad itself, i cannot use my mouse for clicking on the p-cad commands or drawing lines,etc with my PS2-mouse.
In the DOSBox Status Window I get the following errors :

Serial1:Errors:Framing 0, Parity 0, Overrun RX:0 (IF0:0), TX:13, Break 0
Serial2:Errors:Framing 0, Parity 0, Overrun RX:0 (IF0:0), TX:1, Break 0

Can somebody help me out, to get my ps2-mouse working in the pcad program itself ?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings, Volegna

Reply 45 of 45, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

POST IN YOUR OWN THREAD.

also check if your program allows you to set a PS/2 mouse. IIRC, DOSBox doesn't support internal serial mouse option.

THREAD CLOSED.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline