VOGONS

First post, by mewyn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, I have gone an built a better build of DosBox 0.65 for Intel Macs. Out of the box it has much better sound, but it still skips. To fix the skips, you want to change the prebuffer setting from 50 to 100 (I may patch that in my next build so it takes 100 as the default).

This build includes IPXNET support, but because the default port is 213, a privledged port, you will need to do an ipxnet startserver 3333 or something like that, and have all clients connect to that port. I personally think the port should be increased to something above 1024 so we can avoid this problem.

Now, this build does not have the coveted dynamic x86 core. With the patches out there, I was able to build it, but in order to build it with either the lamer0 patch on SF or the punknews patch, I had to remove the ebx register from the clobber list on line 124. This allowed it to start up but it kept crashing with an illegal instruction when I ran Wolfenstein 3D or Doom. Commander Keen 1 and 6 worked, but I didn't try anything further. I am uncertian on the differences in the different games, and how they run low-level wise. I'll likely follow up with further info on the illegal instruction crash once I rebuild it another time.

Any help with the dynamic x86 core would be awesome.

Oh, a universal build will come soonish, but since there's a working PPC build out there, I don't find it too much a priority.

http://www.speakeasy.org/~mcrawfor/Dosbox-0.65-OSX-Intel.dmg

- mewyn