VOGONS

First post, by cmw

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Please, the ZMBV Bug with out of synch Audio really gets annyoing since I have to reencode all the stuff with Virtual Dub and it makes things really worse...

As you may have realized by now, DosBox generally runs on a max cap off 70fps (afaik), HOWEVER; some Monitors (especially Laptop LCD's) generally only support 60HZ (Meaning 10 frames are not rendered.. however, they are captured, and for whatever unknown reason, the ZMBV Codec INSISTS on playing ALL THE FRAMES, instead of just dismissing them on playback. THIS RESULTS IN MASSIVE VIDEO/AUDIO Desynch (you can watch it, because when you skip somewhere into the video, it will be in synch first, while desynching more and more and more. Since there is no way to tell ZMBV to FORGET the 10 Frames the Monitor cannot display, the only reasonable Solution would be to give a lower max Cap to Dosbox, sth lik "maxfps 40" or so.

I'm aware that this problem is just reproduceable if your monitor can't handle more than 60HZ.

I also thought off using frameskip, BUT THAT DID NOT give the desired result (max fpscap 35), ZMBV STILL RECORDED 70 FPS for reasons beyond my comprehension...

I'm really not good at programming and don't quite get it out of Dosbox Source, but for an advanced programmer, that shouldn't be too hard to do. PLZ

Best Regards
Sebastian

Reply 1 of 3, by Freddo

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I don't see the problem with using Virtualdub myself 😒

It's not like using the "Video/Frame Rate.../Process every other frame (decimate with 2)" function is any hard. Besides, the audio needs to be compressed anyhow.

Reply 3 of 3, by cmw

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thx ykhwong, I'll give it a try 😀

Freddo: Problem is: I forget it all the time and it's annoying 😉
Also: The less frames needed to be captured, the better the performance (at least that sounds reasonable, let' see if I'm right *messes around with MSYS a bit...* 😀