Reply 20 of 25, by h-a-l-9000

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

> the 0x5 into a 0x7 (works for me).
For me too 😀 thx.

> any idea when this happens?
one thing seems to be seeking to file end (i.e. file size = clustersize seek to clustersize) when the last valid byte is clustersize-1 (I hope I got that right).
Another might be seek way behind file end. Maybe there should be a check of seek position vs file size.
And then I had the impression that sometimes getAbsoluteSectFromBytePos fails for no reason (seekpos < filesize).

> else return false;
Make a true out of that and Norton Commander will work flawlessly (it's the seek to end of file case after write, the seek pos already is there).

1+1=10

Reply 21 of 25, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

> For me too

Ok then, i don't see any reason why this shouldn't be a 0x7 then (yet).

> Another might be seek way behind file end.

That doesn't work for the disk images anyways. The current implementation
just seeks to the end of the file in this case, thus if you create a new
file, seek at 1000 and write 512 bytes, the file will be 512 bytes (it should
be 1512 bytes). Don't think this is easily possible with the current implementation
anyways.

> Make a true out of that

Eh yes, something like that 😉

Reply 23 of 25, by canadacow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Sure h-a-l-9000, first you rip apart my direct serial port access code. Now you're ripping apart my bang-up FAT disk image code. 🤣

In both cases I stopped development because I got the impression that no one was using said features. Sorry I've cursed you with such bad code. My appologies.

Reply 24 of 25, by h-a-l-9000

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Not to worry, I won't rip the FAT code any further now 😉
Some few people (like me) do use those features - this is why I work on it. Maybe except for the IPX stuff which I didn't really need but I was always interested in the multiplayer networking stuff. It's good you added the features in the first place as it is easier to modify something than build it from ground up. The serial patch was actually my first 'real' code besides some educational work - that is why it is so crappy 😉.

1+1=10

Reply 25 of 25, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I do appreciate the IPX code HAL but I haven't had time to go through my games....working too much. 🙁

At least it's there when I do get the time. 😀

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline