VOGONS

First post, by tlaskey

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

has anybody considered porting or makeing a version of dosbox for the palm os?

Reply 1 of 2, by jal

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
tlaskey wrote:

has anybody considered porting or makeing a version of dosbox for the palm os?

Of course. Please search the forum before asking. See this thread, for example, where someone asked the same question:

Palm OS?

JAL

Reply 2 of 2, by Pan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

After visiting the link given by the previous poster (and all recursive ones), I have to say that people are a bit out of date when it comes to Palm's 😀

Admittedly a Palm Pilot is well out of date and only has a 20mhz processor I believe. It would be impossible to run Dosbox on that unit, but the more modern Palm's would probably be almost as capable as the Pocket PC's. I have a Palm Tungsten C for example, it has a 400mhz Intel X-Scale processor, which I believe is also used in some Pocket PC's and therefore has about the same performance. This is not a new PDA, I've had it for ages, at least a year, probably more. There are also other Palm's on the market with this processor, the Tungsten T3 and the Lifedrive definetely have it. I believe these machines are surely as capable as many Pocket PC's on the market, although I understand that some of them have moved beyond 400mhz now.

Palm's aren't still in the dark ages 😉