VOGONS

FPU bug

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 27, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes, the changes should indeed be present in my current build, and no, no optimizations other than the default optimization settings (-O2 and the like). This is a straight CVS build (MingW/Msys), except for one small patch that does nothing else than allow for more than one .conf file (http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func … 551&atid=467234), a feature that can be used in combination with DBGL. So, no changes to the emulation itself.

Maybe one of the mods could be so kind to update the 'CVS Builds' sticky and mention this?

Regards,
Ronald

Reply 21 of 27, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi woody,

I just saw you checked in the new dynamic core fpu stuff. May I inform you that it doesn't compile currently on msys/mingw32 (gcc 3.4.2) ?! Looks like you forgot to commit a header file:

if g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -Dmain=SDL_main -g -O2 -MT core_dyn_x86.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/core_dyn_x86.Tpo" -c -o core_dyn_x86.o core_dyn_x86.cpp; \
then mv -f ".deps/core_dyn_x86.Tpo" ".deps/core_dyn_x86.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/core_dyn_x86.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
In file included from core_dyn_x86.cpp:161:
core_dyn_x86/cache.h:474:2: warning: no newline at end of file
In file included from core_dyn_x86.cpp:230:
core_dyn_x86/decoder.h🔢24: dyn_fpu_dh.h: No such file or directory
In file included from core_dyn_x86.cpp:230:
core_dyn_x86/decoder.h: In function `CacheBlock* CreateCacheBlock(CodePageHandler*, PhysPt, Bitu)':
core_dyn_x86/decoder.h:1601: error: `dh_fpu_esc0' undeclared (first use this function)
core_dyn_x86/decoder.h:1601: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)
core_dyn_x86/decoder.h:1613: error: `dh_fpu_esc1' undeclared (first use this function)
core_dyn_x86/decoder.h:1625: error: `dh_fpu_esc2' undeclared (first use this function)
core_dyn_x86/decoder.h:1637: error: `dh_fpu_esc3' undeclared (first use this function)
core_dyn_x86/decoder.h:1649: error: `dh_fpu_esc4' undeclared (first use this function)
core_dyn_x86/decoder.h:1661: error: `dh_fpu_esc5' undeclared (first use this function)
core_dyn_x86/decoder.h:1673: error: `dh_fpu_esc6' undeclared (first use this function)
core_dyn_x86/decoder.h:1685: error: `dh_fpu_esc7' undeclared (first use this function)
make[4]: *** [core_dyn_x86.o] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/ronald.blankendaal/dosbox/src/cpu'

Regards,
Ronald

Reply 23 of 27, by augnober

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Seems that the fix for this bug fixed a graphical corruption bug (some columns of black pixels) that I'd recently been seeing in one of my old gfx apps. I wasn't completely sure that it ever worked perfectly in dosbox, so I didn't mention it. Thanks for fixing it.

Reply 24 of 27, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Well it should not happen with the 0.65 release. Everything else is
under development, and likely to still cause bugs, that's why it should
only be used if there's a reason or if you're doing tests.

Reply 26 of 27, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

I see. But it shouldn't be affected by those fpu changes (now they should
match the 0.65 release for x86 systems, and the latest addition should
be faster but stability is to be proven).

Reply 27 of 27, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Ykhwong's builds not only have the latest fpu changes, but also a lot of other patches. For example vasyl's graphics patches which could be a little more influence on that.