VOGONS

First post, by ErikGG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi All,

Currently I'm working on a program that can detect all options that ever could possibly exist, without ever having to look at a conf file, only by selecting the exe. See the attachment. This application is only a GUI for the routine so nothing fancy or anything though. Edit doen't have any scrollbars too, use the keyboard cursor.

Well why make this, as I was develloping D.O.G. i always was wondering of adding CVS build capabilities. But this would require me to write a Profile Editor for every Profile type/DB-Build around. Well, my workaround is a Options detector, "DosBox-COP". This application uses a XML file that contains all options that ever existed in DosBox's history. The current application will cycle through every option in the XML. This makes DosBox blink around the screen though / "for now". Any solutions?

There is also a problem that I encountered during the testing of the program, my first brainstorm was :
-First write the conf file
-Run Dosbox and make it write the conf file.
-Check the conf file.
But as a matter of fact, it just writes back my written value, even if it is false and DosBox commented that it switched to normal2x. The option config get "render scaler" also returned the false value and checking the internal scaler value by typing scaler returned the false value. This can cause problems if you expect the build to support it then do a writeback, see the comments and expect they forgot to add it or something. Well this "problem" kind of took me by surprise. Would be nice to have DosBox just write the default back.

Now for the real question :
Can someone tell me the scalers that I'm missing?

none
normal2x
advmame2x
advmame3x
advinterp2x
interp2x
tv2x
normal3x
advinterp3x
tv3x
rgb2x
rgb3x
scan2x
scan3x
supereagle
super2xsaI
2xsai
hq2x
hq3x
tvhq2x
normal4x
tv
tvadvmame2x
tvhq2x
hardware2x
hardware3x

Erik.

Attachments

• Filename
    DB-COP.zip
    File size
    266.29 KiB
    Downloads
    177 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 13, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sounds groovy Erik,

I think you got them all, 'tvhq2x' is listed twice. Where are the following scalers coming from? Ykhwong's build?

normal4x
tv
tvadvmame2x

Reply 2 of 13, by ErikGG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi rcBlanke,

Yes those are from Ykhwong's latest DosBox build. And woeps thanks for telling me that about the double listing tvhq2x.

Makes me remember something, Ykhwong's latest DosBox build always crashes the entire OS and trying to terminate the program always results in a popup warning that the application is being debugged, can this be because I'm running Delphi in the background, I'm not running the debug version?

If I am able to shut down the system I get a terminate popup for TymeSynched or something like it.

Anyways,

btw RcBlanke, thanks for putting up my url on your site.

Erik.

Reply 3 of 13, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

According to Tae-Woongs Board, item no. 43, more people have seen his build crashing on exit. Apparently, it is fixed with the build from sept. 18th.

Last edited by rcblanke on 2006-09-19, 11:00. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 4 of 13, by ErikGG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It doesn't crash on shutdown but on startup for me. And it is with the latest build, downloaded it yesterday.

Edit : heh, ok thats today, will have a look and see.

Erik.

Reply 7 of 13, by ykhwong

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

ErikGG, you posted a thread on item no. 48 that you are using 20060130 build. It's not the latest one.
Have you ever read/followed fifth notice in readme? : If you get some unknown errors, run services.msc then disable "Error reporting service."

Reply 8 of 13, by ErikGG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Sorry about the mixup, but it was version 20060918 I downloaded it yesterday and it just hangs the entire system if i'm running the Delphi 2006 version in the background debugging DB-COP witch called the DosBox version.

About the notice, I had read it and, well ... I don't have service called "Error reporting service", I've added the list of services running on my OS. Thins makes me think, maybe I can turn of the debugger part that is causing the DosBox crash inside Delphi itself. Will see what I'll find.

Can it be the Machine Debug Manager?

Running the DosBox version without running Delphi it does not crash.

Erik.

Reply 9 of 13, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Erik, I see the need to have your frontend work reliably with different versions (official and unofficial) of DOSBox. But I would split the task into 2:

1) Have the frontend read an XML-document with info about the valid options for the version of DOSBox currently in use by the game.

2) Use an Options Detector to quickly build the XML-document from the DOSBox.exe.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 11 of 13, by ykhwong

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes, the latest ver of krounz patch does not include tvhq2x.

ErikGG, since you want a screenshot, I attach it here.

Attachments

• Filename
    desk.zip
    File size
    5.93 KiB
    Downloads
    167 downloads
    File comment
    language file
    File license
  • Filename
    here.PNG
    File size
    131.57 KiB
    Downloads
    201 downloads
    File comment
    screenshot
    File license

Reply 12 of 13, by ErikGG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

ErikGG, since you want a screenshot, I attach it here.

😮 Well if you only could see my face... 😁 😁

I love it when things come together and well, form a nice GUI that does what you expect. Thanks man, this really makes my day, really.

Btw can I add this screeny, to my screenshots section, I'll erase everything except the windows of D.O.G.

EDIT : And another thing, does DosBox start when you doubleclick, because I saw you adjusted the "open" Windows Shell Command?

Erik.