VOGONS

Magic Carpet crashing (CVS)

Topic actions

Reply 80 of 91, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
MiniMax wrote:

If that doesn't help, come back with details on how you mounted your C and D drives, how you did the install, how you configured sound, music etc.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 85 of 91, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Seems like you missed this too:

MiniMax wrote:

(and don't just read it - follow it too).

MiniMax wrote:

5. Switch to the D: drive and install the game (to C:)

C:\>D:

Have a look at the files with the dir command, and see if you can spot an install or and a setup program or whatever the command to start the installation is called. Check your Manual/Installation Guide for MyGame for the exact command to use.

Reply 87 of 91, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
Combover wrote:
Sorry, I must have overlooked that... here's what I typed: imgmount d /path/to/cd/image.iso -t iso d: cd carpet carpet […]
Show full quote

Sorry, I must have overlooked that... here's what I typed:
imgmount d /path/to/cd/image.iso -t iso
d:
cd carpet
carpet

then chose no sound/ no music

I see no mount C .............
If you followed my guide (as you said you did), there should be one. So you are 1) Either withholding information, or 2) Lying. Why you would do either, I seriously don't understand.

Reply 88 of 91, by Kippesoep

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There is indeed no install file for MCCD Plus. It automatically created a directory C:\CARPET.CD to store its info. It might actually run without a C drive present...

My site: Ramblings on mostly tech stuff.