VOGONS

First post, by Great Hierophant

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The Game Blaster emulation could be improved a bit. Taito games (like Bubble Bobble) read/write to certain I/O addresses to detect the card. I belive this is where a mysterious PLC was mapped on the original card. If DOSBox handled the write and spouted out the correct read value, then I seriously believe these games would work. The games try to write to port 227h and read from 22Bh. This should not interfere with Sound Blaster emulation because the SB1 and SB2 do not have any functions at those ports.

Also, for some reason, Death Knights of Krynn does not work with the C/MS option even though it works just fine with its predecessor Champions of Krynn. The debugger does not give the errors described above, so perhaps its a flaw in the SAA emulation?

Reply 1 of 4, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Could it be a problem of high cycles interferring with autodetection? Are you using a low cycles count already?

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 2 of 4, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Great Hierophant: from your post, i assume that Bubble Bobble is not working for you. I have it running with no problems on 0.65...? Can't remember which config i'm using, i can post it if you need more information.

Reply 3 of 4, by Great Hierophant

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Great Hierophant: from your post, i assume that Bubble Bobble is not working for you. I have it running with no problems on 0.65...? Can't remember which config i'm using, i can post it if you need more information.

Bubble Bobble and the other Taito games work just fine for me in DOSBox, except for the Game Blaster music. I want to get the Game Blaster music working. Cycle counts do not seem to make a difference.