vga bug

Topic actions

First post, by spreaderb

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,
I run dosbox under XP SP2 on a P4 2.4Ghz with 2GB RAM

Me and a number of dedicated music engravers have the problem that the state of the art application for high end music engraving is from 1993 running in dos.

This app works nearly perfect in dosbox using settings for vga graphics 640x480mode
The problem: the app divides the screen horizontaly. in the upper part text is displayed in the lower part graphic information is displayed. If you enter test in the last visible line of the "text part of the screen" an press enter the text scrolls one line up as it should be. But if the system prints output into the text-part of the screen scrolling does not work and the text gets into the graphics part of the screen.

It look to me that the scrolling logic is only halfway emulated.It works with input from the keyboard but it doesn't work with text coming from the app itself

any ideas?

kind regards
Chris

Reply 1 of 1, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

I am not a developer, so I could be wrong, but I think I remember something about a problem with applications that switches from text to graphics midway in a screen frame.

Nice description of the problem, but a screen shot will be appreciated.

It will probably be hard to fix the problem without access to the application you are talking about. Is the application freeware, or is there a demo-version that exhibits the same problem?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions