VOGONS

First post, by Psykechan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Since this board allows posting of files, I figured that I would post a CVS build for Intel Macs that fixes the freezing problem found in the official .70 download.

This is built from CVS today (June 8, 2007) and may have other bugs... it is from CVS after all.

Also note that this is not a universal binary. The official .70 build works fine for PPC systems though so grab that one.

Reply 2 of 11, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

I just tried uploading a zip file myself.
it appeared to work.

Maybe a temporal glitch ?

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 3 of 11, by Psykechan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

/sigh.

I just tried it again and got the same error. The FAQ doesn't help. The file is within allowed size and type. I've tried posting from different browsers to see if it didn't like Safari. All to no avail.

My only guess is that I'm a newly registered user and can't post attachments. Oh well.

Also, I'll have to amend my comment about the offical .70 build working on PPC systems. It has the same issue. Time to compile drom CVS again. 😅

Reply 5 of 11, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

I was able to upload a zip file. So doubt it is on our end.

Maybe you would be willing to send the file by email to the addres on the crew page of dosbox.sf.net
I'll try to attach it then or upload it directly to the server.

Reply 7 of 11, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Indeed. I can't get it uploaded either. Which is weird as all the settings are larger then the filesize (including the php post data size).
So I uploaded it directly to the server. Click
here

Reply 9 of 11, by Psykechan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well at least the posting of the file wasn't because I was a forum newbie. Unfortunately the app won't work for most users because I am a newb in other matters.

If people don't have the sdl libs installed via MacPorts then it fails to launch. For someone who double clicks the icon expecting something they will be sorely disappointed. I'll have to figure out how to statically link the libs. The fact that I have no clue what I'm doing as far as development goes really shines through. 😢 It will still work for people who have installed the libs but just can't get a compile working.

To top it off I was wrong about the official .70 build working on PPC systems. It exhibits the same flaw it just takes a little longer. I did manage to make a universal binary though and learned how to use lipo so it wasn't a total loss.

The archive was created using Mac's right click -> create archive function. I don't know if that would be the cause or anything.

Thanks for your help Qbix and I'm sorry for wasting your time by being a newb.

Reply 10 of 11, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Psykechan wrote:

I did manage to make a universal binary though

I would wish I would own an Intel based Macintosh instead of the PowerPC one before this sentence. 🤑

Klimawandel.

Reply 11 of 11, by Psykechan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Interesting. When I tried to upload a file called "dosboxcvs.zip" it gave me this error.

Upload Error: Could not upload attachment to ./files/dosboxcvs_810.zip.

Everything else just gives me the usual error with the correct file name. I've tried making a dmg and compressing with both gzip and 7zip. I've even tried posting from Windows. I have no clue why I can't attach the files. I've just tried attaching a text file and it didn't error.

I could send the universal build to Qbix and he could post it but it hasn't changed; it still requires the libraries to be installed from MacPorts to function.

Attachments

• Filename
    testing.txt
    File size
    271 Bytes
    Downloads
    395 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception