VOGONS

First post, by sethaw

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

A friend developped a makro recorder for DOSBOX, but it's not completely functional as it should be the case.

But first a definition what this tool does: When DOSBOX is executed, a file named trace.log is created if not already existing and all information about key presses, releases and mouse clicks are stored. If DOSBOX is restarted, the file is not overwritten, but the new information that comes additional is stored under the already existing one. When renaming trace.log to trace.rep, it is possible to replay and stop it by pressing "^" key (next to the key "1" on the left part of the keyboard, I'm telling this, because I'm using German keyboard).

Now some of the problems that might need to be fixed:
-Keys were planned to work on cycles, so that it will work with different cycle speed, but somehow he got the wrong counter. Does anyone now the "real" counter?
-Mouse movements are not recorded, though clicks are executed. But the problem is that these clicks come out of nowhere and are only applied to where the "real" mouse currently is.

Here's the link to the files: If anybody has some hints for improvements, please tell here. I hope also that someone might be inspired by this to continue the work. Maybe this feature will also find its way to a final version of DOSBOX.

I know that this should actually go in the patch section, but I'm not a moderator, so please understand that I post it here.

That's the link where to get the modified source code including an already compiled Windows EXE file: http://www.file-upload.net/download-317287/dosbox.rar.html

You must click on the green download button in the new window to ge the file.

Reply 1 of 3, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Are you/is he familiar with cvs/cvs tools? As the sources are based on
the 0.70 release. It'd be better to use the cvs sources, and post a cvs diff
(which is much smaller than the full sources).

The problem about the mouse is that he stores mouse data only on
button events, and stores absolute position data then. dosbox uses by
default only the relative mouse movement.

Instead of PIC_Ticks he could use PIC_FullIndex() for better precision.

Reply 3 of 3, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Main stuff is in the sdlmain.cpp event pollig loop.
Sources attached.

Attachments

• Filename
    dosbox_mr_src.zip
    File size
    797.74 KiB
    Downloads
    352 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception