VOGONS

First post, by Metal Overlord

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey everyone, new guy here. Lovely avatars you have here. 😁

Anyhow, as for my question; I've searched the boards and tried it myself, I must admit that I am awful at programming anything at all.
So I'm making a nifty little launch tool to go with my upcoming Spear of Destiny-mod, the prequel to Wolfenstein 3D, and so far everything works surprisingly swell. I've amazed myself and my poor skills by successfully having the launcher run the game normally, with debugmode parameter, launch the website up in the default browser and by having it launch through VDMSound with a .bat-shortcut. All done with good ol' The Games Factory too. 😁
I want to add in support for running the game through DOSBox, if the program is installed of course. I tried writing a .bat-file linking to dosbox with some parameters edited, but it just opens the command prompt and closes it again, so I've obviously done something wrong on the way.

So I was hoping that some kind soul on these boards might be able to help me make a .bat-file that runs my program through DOSBox, from its directory where the user has installed DOSBox if present on the system.

Any help or advice is much appreciated, as the mod's nearly ready for release. 😀

Visit http://www.tgoel.tk/ for the latest info on my remake of my Spear of Destiny-mod.

Reply 1 of 3, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

take a look at the railroads tycoon deluxe version of 2kgames. (freeware download)
I think it incorperates what you want

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 2 of 3, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

I do this:

@       echo off

if not defined dosbox (
set dosbox=%ProgramFiles%\DOSBox-0.70\dosbox.exe
)

start "DOSBox" "%dosbox%" -noconsole %*

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 3 of 3, by Metal Overlord

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ah, now I got the hang of it. Thanks a lot, guys. 😁

Visit http://www.tgoel.tk/ for the latest info on my remake of my Spear of Destiny-mod.