VOGONS

Patch to improve OPL captures

Topic actions

Reply 21 of 29, by Hexacorde

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi friends,

I attached two captured files from Dune 1, one with dosbox 0.72 (the dro1 format), and another with a dosbox build from two days ago (the dro2 format).

Perhaps it was a problem with my dro2 player, although it played well the other dro2 files that I tested.

It would be great if Harekiet or another person could test these files, and see if they are ok.

I have put a fake mp3 extension in the .dro files, since it is not allowed. I hope you doesnt mind.

Attachments

• Filename
    intro_dro1.mp3
    File size
    57.94 KiB
    Downloads
    281 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    intro_dro2.mp3
    File size
    28.7 KiB
    Downloads
    291 downloads
    File comment
    Rename from .mp3 to .dro.
    I had to do it, since .dro are not allowed.
    File license

Reply 24 of 29, by Harekiet

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Well it's a fairly simple thing in turbo/borland pascal
Read header, use header table size value to read the conversion table, then the raw data follows.

Attachments

• Filename
    droplay.zip
    File size
    5.24 KiB
    Downloads
    505 downloads
    File comment
    the source!
    File license

Reply 26 of 29, by Dais

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey, I have a few questions about .dro, and this seems like the most recent topic on the subject. Forgive me if I'm adding clutter to the dev forum.

1. Is that droplay.exe currently the only music player that supports .dro captures from the most recent version of DOSBox?

2. When a .dro files is captured successfully, is that, well, as good as it's going to get? Should the ADLIB emulation improve in DOSBox, would it be of any worth to go back and recapture the DRO files?

(Basically, I'm interested in ripping/capturing/whatever a whole game, with the intent of turning the .dro files into mp3s somewhere down the line, but if a different rip later on might capture different/more accurate .dro files, I probably might as well dump directly to wav from DOSBox)

Reply 27 of 29, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

1. droplay linked here is for the next version of dosbox.
2. no need to recapture them. (but you should wait till the next version as the current version of dro and dosbox missed some drums under special occassions).

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 28 of 29, by Dais

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Qbix wrote:

2. no need to recapture them. (but you should wait till the next version as the current version of dro and dosbox missed some drums under special occassions).

That might explain why I thought I heard a problem with drums, despite not having the kind of ear for picking out problems in music.

Thanks, and good luck with future development!

Reply 29 of 29, by Harekiet

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Seeing as the original url with the exe is gone, a new one

Attachments

• Filename
    droplay.zip
    File size
    14.44 KiB
    Downloads