VOGONS

First post, by qsonic

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have been fiddling around a bit with DosBox lately, and thought I wanted to try Glide emulation/forwarding to a Glide wrapper in DosBox. Since I made some modifications to the latest DosBox CVS, I wanted to patch my personal sources for toying around with it.
Does anybody know where to get the patch? I could not find a download for it, not at the SF.net project page, nor on any of the Glide-enabled CVS compiling pages.

Reply 2 of 5, by qsonic

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ah, thanks for the answer. It is a pitty that its not available to toy around with it. Just for my understanding, I thought people need to live with the lack of support for patches in general?
Of course, it is fine if they do not want to release the patch. Is it still being worked on, though? I have not seen any updates to it in your builds, ykhwong.

EDIT: With the 2 latest experimental builds, the 3dfx SPLASH.EXE crashes DOSBox (when using DOS4GW 1.97 and 2.01) or raises an exception (DOS/32A). This worked fine with the previous versions. Could it be this is triggered by the other patches in the Daum Cafe build?

Reply 3 of 5, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm no coder, but using DOS32/A with GLIDE emulation has always crashed any game i tried so far. It's a pity the patch isn't included in the official DOSBox, as it rocks IMHO! Using ykhwong's build is by far the easiest way to play accelerated Tomb Raider.

Reply 4 of 5, by gulikoza

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

DOS32/A doesn't support the dos4gw specific way of loading glide2x.ovl. The author has confirmed that. It's best to use original executables with dos4gw.
I would certainly release the patch if there was interest 😀

http://www.si-gamer.net/gulikoza

Reply 5 of 5, by qsonic

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I can confirm a lot of interest in it, at least for me 😉 It is not like I want to press you into looking at the issues that DOS32A has with DOSBox Glide support, but is there a chance the compatibility issues could be fixed? Would be rather interesting for me to look at, since I want to get Archimedean Dynasty to work in 3dfx mode... and the game really is a bitch.
Will probably be interesting to see if all the years of high-level coding has hurt the low level skills 😉