VOGONS

First post, by Domebuddy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Im on vista,

When i start up Dosbox with this game pad plugged in, it crashes at start up, ive tested several times and i can Confirm this is whats causing the problems, i have the latest game pad drivers for it

Reply 2 of 8, by tannerstevo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I don't have the crashing problem with the logitech dual action pad, but I am running the driver that comes with Vista, haven't tried installing the latest. Also, Dosbox 0.71 crashes when I try running it with my xbox controller plugged in. 0.70 does not. I am also running Vista.

Reply 3 of 8, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

tannerstevo: which XBox controller, XBox 360 or XBox? Which driver? I use a XBox controller with XBCD on XP, and didn't have any problems so far.

Are there really Logitech Vista drivers available for the "Dual Action Pad"?! I can't believe that, as Vista drivers seem to be few and far between, and Joypads are not exactly mission critical... Most things i read about Vista are "no driver for this", "doesn't support that" kind of stuff.

Reply 6 of 8, by tannerstevo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

ADDiCT: I'm using the xbox 360 controller and the latest driver from microsoft (updated today). I did manage to get dosbox to crash using the logitech controller after trying the xbox one. It turns out that I had to set the logitech controller as controller to use with older applications.

Qbix: Vista gives an error summary when dosbox crashes, don't know if this helps, but here it is.

Attachments

• dual action.png
    Filename
    dual action.png
    File size
    43.11 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    crash.txt
    File size
    563 Bytes
    Downloads
    414 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 7 of 8, by h-a-l-9000

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

I get a joystick crash too but only with my MSVC CVS build, not official 0.71.

Unhandled exception at 0x0050ee23 in dosbox.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0xbaadf011.

in sdl_mapper.cpp line 197:
_list->push_back(this);

1+1=10

Reply 8 of 8, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

yeah, wd allready figured out what goes wrong.
unitialized variable in the dummy case. (emulated_axis)

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!