VOGONS

First post, by marooned_on_mars

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I am playing several games (ATM I play A-Train) and the SoundBlaster music has some popping at some notes played and I don`t know what I could do to stop that because it`s annoying. If it is required I can record it so it would be more detailed for you guys about the popping sound. I am using DOSBox 0.72 on Windows Xp. If you need more information don`t hesitate to ask me 😀

Last edited by marooned_on_mars on 2007-09-07, 07:16. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 3, by ydnar28

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I had a slight occurrence of that too with the game just got up and running finally.... what I did is checked the dosbox sound blaster setting in the config file, and then I checked the sound setting for the game. I ended up changing to sound blaster / sound blaster pro when I noticed that my games setting for the card were wrong I changed it match the emulator, and now all I get is one... maybe two pops at the beginning that's it. I don't know if this will fix the issue... but I hope it helps because I ran into too... my current card is a audigy zs 2 gamer; which is apart of the sb pro line... if your using another branded card like turtle or on board you may have to do some trial and error.

Reply 2 of 3, by franpa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

i think audio popping stems from having a computer not powerful enough to emulate both the game and the music efficiently.

AMD Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (WiFi) | 16GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti 8GB | Windows 10 Pro x64.

my website

Reply 3 of 3, by marooned_on_mars

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

That may be what frampa says, and I will now post some of my system specifications:
P4 processor at 2.26GHz
384MB Ram
NVidia 5500 FX with 128MB VRam
C-Media CMIPCI 8753

I will also try to switch to Sound Blaster Pro but I doubt it that it will solve the problem but it dosen`t hurt to try 😀 . I will edit this with the results

EDIT: Yes, it has worked, Thank-you Ydnar28