VOGONS

First post, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Seems like the MacOSX version of DOSBox 0.72 ships with a non-standard Preferences (dosbox.conf) file:

IIGS_User wrote:

Hi,
sorry I've to send a second msg, reading the thread, you're right. The 'officlal' DOSBox package comes with "DOSBox Preferences" ems=false.

As long as I can remember, the default has always been ems=true, and that is also the case when the Mac OSX version is allowed to regenerate the Preferences file:

IIGS_User wrote:

to check this, I deleted the file "DOSBox Preferences" to make sure it'll run with default settings. Opening DOSBox by using the Terminal detected, that there is no such file, replying "CONFIG: Using default settings..." and running your db-info.bat file, it tells me:

ems=true

I've checked the 'official' Download File.

For an example of how this can cause unexpected problems, see this thread.

Ultima Underground 1 & 2 help requested (OSX)

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 1 of 2, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

i allready added to my points of improvement email i intend to send when annoncing the next version to rhoenie.
So hopefully it will be fixed then

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 2 of 2, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Great news, QBix! 😀

Just unexpected, i think, that a non-standard setting causes such problems.
But we see, it happens.

It's just an inadvertence of the Mac porter, such things happens usually. 😉

The "problem" is (but leave the Mac port of DOSBox do so) that DOSBox calls that "DOSBox Preferences" file at every start, if it exists.

Klimawandel.