VOGONS

First post, by kwisatz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

After using DOSbox and seeing it bring to life a lot of old games I've enjoyed in the past, I'd like to get involved somehow by donating my time - if possible.

Although I am not a developer, I have a 12+ year background in IT (support, networking, sys admin, etc) as well as my current work in Usability Engineering, Psycholinguistics, and Quality Control.

With this kind of background is there anything I can do to help the DOSBox project achieve its goals? Testing? Help with the UI? Documentation review?

Anyhow - thanks for listening. Feel free to reply here to PM if you have any thoughts. Honestly I'm not sure who is in 'charge' of the project.

Thanks!
-Dustin

/dustin

Reply 1 of 2, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

There are many ways in which you can help. Most people who hang out on this forum donate time to the dosbox project by helping out people with problems.
On the subject of testing there is always room for more testers. (it goes with a private group and private forums)
Documentation review - a lot of room for review/updates as none of that authors really likes doing that.
The UI is currently still under design. at least the graphical part.

So it is a bit up to you. Documentationwise we could use some people who want to contribute to that. Especially for things like the wiki and the readme. However if you do want to contribute to the wiki please pm as I will provide you with some more details on it.

General ideas on the Usability are always welcome
The forum is the right place to suggest and to discuss them.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 2 of 2, by kwisatz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry for the delay in getting back with you - holidays ya know!

I'd like to help out with the doc reviews... something I feel I'm good at and if others dont like it anyhow, sounds like a good place to help out. Whom do I need to get in touch with?

As the UI develops let me know - I'd love to help out with some Usability ideas; not looking to make it a larger project than it likely is, but it might help future users to make things easy from the start of a new UI.

Thanks again,
Dustin H

/dustin