VOGONS

First post, by arablizzard2413

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Here are two problems I've noticed so far:

1) When autolock=false, mouse movement is slow on the y axis, 2 times as fast on x axis. When autolock=true cursor movement is perfectly fine, same goes for fullscreen.

2) Using the S3 864 1.41B5 drivers, I'm getting weird pallet update problems with video for windows (see attachment). Just noticed it when I tried to play the King's Quest VI intro

(unrelated)
S3 Trio765 1.70.04 drivers throw a bunch of errors to the console when trying to play videos, all windows cursors turn black afterwards. Same pallet bug, but otherwise work fine.

Attachments

• palletkq6.png
    Filename
    palletkq6.png
    File size
    21.34 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    King's Quest VI introduction, funky colors after scene changes. Corrects itself (until next scene) by pressing stop and then play again.
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 10 of 16, by arablizzard2413

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hmm, I tried spitting it up but I guess video editors don't expect 256 color avi files anymore. It didn't copy the other pallets, so would it be alright if I just posted the original video? I don't have another video on hand, I'm in the college cafeteria right now.

http://www.mediafire.com/?62jytmlccee - 12.5 MB

Reply 13 of 16, by arablizzard2413

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well it's the intro for a game that requires 256 colors, so it's not really possible to do that when it plays. But if that's all that can be done, I guess I'll just have to live with it 😉