VOGONS

First post, by arablizzard2413

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I was playing around with WarCraft II and I came across a problem with the Dark Portal Expansion. Everything worked fine when I had the cd drive mounted, but when I tried using a cue/bin on imgmount it can't read files correctly.

What I did:
Z:> mount c .\root
Z:> imgmount d c:\warcraft2_x.cue -t iso
Z:> C:
C:> cd war2
C:> war2

ERROR:

Invalid data file version
Press any key...

"D:> DIR" displays the contents of the cd alright so I know it's mounted correctly, and if I rebuild the cue/bin using UltraISO and the files I copied off the cd in windows it works fine. But if I add the audio tracks to that rebuilt image (add .wav files to the .cue and burn to a cd-rw and read that image) it fails with the same error again. The original WarCraft II image works fine, but I always have problems with the expansion, maybe it's because it has 18 tracks? Also, if you try and install the game using the imgmounted drive, it fails with a copy error.

Z:> mount d d:\ -t cdrom -ioctl
That always works when I have either the original expansion cd or the burned copy, so it can't be a bad image. The game is also patched to version 1.50.

Reply 1 of 4, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

there is indeed probably something going wrong. have you for the sake of argument tried making the cue/bin with a different program ?

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 4 of 4, by arablizzard2413

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

well now this is weird... there's a 00:02:02 difference on the cue files for dumping the original disc and removing the HFS file system (which doesn't work, even after dumping with UltraISO again) and the copy I rebuilt. Maybe the original disc just had a mastering error then?

only the rebuilt cd works if I dump it using UltraISO.