VOGONS

First post, by ghosthammer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey,

Thought I'd report what I know on a little bug and see if anyone knows of a quick fix . . . When using the Normal2x scaler, I encountered a crash in render_simple.h in the SCALERFUNC line (~83). It turns out the variable line0 had an invalid pointer in it. . . from the iterating variables, it looked like render.scale.outWrite was invalid in the

static void conc4d(SCALERNAME,SBPP,DBPP,L)(const void *s)

function for normal2x.

Any ideas as to why the outWrite variable would be invalid?

-Walt

Reply 2 of 9, by ghosthammer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

As in, the DOS application (Fragile Allegiance) changed video mode, or the window on my computer did? I had alt+tabbed into and out of the window, but not at the time of the crashes. Also, the screensaver / display did not turn on for the duration of the test (I was doing other things in the background).

Reply 4 of 9, by ghosthammer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm using MSVC++ 2005 Professional; currently running the test with 0.72 manilla.

One possible problem is that it looks like I'm compiling with SDL 1.2.13 Headers and lib files, but am in fact using the DLL's from SDL1.2.12 . . . Which may very well be the issue, because I've been having some input lockups as well . . . I'd just think that if that were the issue, the errors would be more frequent. *shrug* I'll update this post when I've crashed or not.

--As a PS, I'm using "overlay" as the output type.

Reply 8 of 9, by ghosthammer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Release mode too, yes, and actually I just realized my test with Release version 0.72 was flawed; the game actually crashed because the cycle count fell too low for the game.

I'll check other output= later

-------
It happens in 0.72 release as well with output=overlay and scaler=normal2x. I'm trying output=opengl right now . . .