VOGONS

First post, by frobme

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I know automake/m4 is a complete crap system, so don't blame me for its terrible inconsistencies between versions =). But for those curious, the current CVS builds of Dosbox really only get along with automake 1.8 (or possibly 1.7, I didn't try that) and do not complete Makefile.in generation with automake 1.9 or 1.10.

No big deal since most systems ship several versions of automake (due to the aforementioned incompatibilities).

-Frob

Reply 2 of 5, by frobme

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Odd, on my pretty vanilla Ubuntu system it didn't work with 1.10 (couldn't find Makefile.in since automake had failed) but worked fine once I fired up galternatives and switched to 1.8. Just to check I switched to 1.9 and that failed too. This was from CVS like 3 days ago.

-Frob

Reply 3 of 5, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

did you use the cvs from sourceforge or the premade version from dosbox.linuxsecured.net ?

did you run ./autogens.sh or something else ?

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 4 of 5, by frobme

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I used the CVS zip from the AEP, which was current for that day at that time, and ran autogen.sh before hand sure (seperately for each version of automake in fact). Can't imagine why AEP would have any files wrong, but I'll try it again when I get back in the office.

-Frob