VOGONS

First post, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

I don't know if this is a terrible idea, but I thought it could be cool...

In this thread ripsaw8080 made a little TRS to fix a problem with Global Conquest checking for a HIDDEN attribute.

He also made this Swap Stereo fix.

I am sure that in the depts of the VOGONS starship there are other little hidden gems that could be included in the official DOSBox, maybe as a Zip-archive that gets silently copied to the DOSBox folder.

When a problem that can be fixed with one of these programs comes along it will be (relatively) simple to instruct the user to unzip said archive and copy the fixer to the mounted C-drive.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 2 of 7, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I think we've brought up the utilities thing before and Qbix said that he wanted to offer these things on the website. (This was before we had DOSBox.com so they couldn't be hosted at Sourceforge).

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 3 of 7, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Instead of a silent copy, how about a separate download, like ScummVM has with "ScummVM Tools"?

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 6 of 7, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Maybe use the board to reference itself a bit: a sticky thread with a list of games with known issues and links to user-provided remedies. When an issue is resolved in CVS, or by an official release, it could be noted as well. Might be hard to manage if the list is long, but it seems to me that it's not. Granted that people could search the forum and sift through the results, but I think it would be a handy reference to have it in one place. It would involve some work for a moderator to maintain, but on the plus side it could stop many questions before they're asked.