VOGONS

SDL_net.h

Topic actions

First post, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Can't seem to find this header for SDL. Someone please provide it (and dependencies)?

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 5 of 10, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

the idea is to support modem dailing over tcp/ip

atd ip adress

so you can play multiplayer games over the modem (over tcp/ip)

And/or dail in to BBS which are now usually located on the internet.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 7 of 10, by Aitvo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Is it possible to use the modem device to run a bbs inside dosbox? From glansing at the source it looks like it's possible. How does it work, is it simply a modem on com1 or is it a fossil emulator?

Thx

Reply 8 of 10, by Aitvo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ok.. I figured out how this works, and it's got a ton of potential. Next question, are there any plans to build "virtual modem" aka redirect all dosbox com1 io <> stdio and redirect all dosbox stdio to c:\nul? That would be awesome, in that dosbox could suddenly replace dosemu for bbs doors. 😀

Reply 9 of 10, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

I don't get your question.

Dosbox simply has it's own emulated modem. (it's not perfect yet though). You can do with it what you could with any modem.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 10 of 10, by Harekiet

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Rather dosbox has a modem that allows you to dial up to internet addresses with the normal AT commands.
So you can ATDT http://www.myfriendsip.com and if the has his dosbox modem in answering mode you can connect to him, or you can use it to dial up to telnet bbs-es with dos terminal software. Although there's still some bugs in the queues somewhere that causes datastream to get corrupted.