VOGONS

dosbox for s60 (symbian) first results

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 100 of 197, by kolijoco

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i'll leave the serious benchmarking to the community... 😀

my uber-benchmark (eob1 logo sequence) gave these results:

- last released dosbox_slim 62 secs
- video streamlining brought that down to 46 secs
- arm dynamic core (thumb no iw) 32 secs

so i'm smiling!!!

here, the first and last emoticon you'll ever see me post:

😁

Reply 103 of 197, by t80

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have some trouble with the configuration of the mapper.txt for my symbian phone.

Can someone tell me how I can find the Keycodes of my phone?
Like the "13" for the enter button. Is there a tool available that I can run on my symbian phone and that shows me the keycode of the pressed button?

Another question is: Where can I get a complete list of all possible key_commands like "key_up", "key_bspace", "key_enter"...

Thanks.

Reply 104 of 197, by Kalandor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

GREAT !!! I can't wait

By the way.
Sid Mayer's Civilization working perfect. But you need a qwerty Keyboard because to run it you need to map both number keys, arrows and home,end pageup and pagedown keys. You need numbers just for the startup selection (Sound Card, input device), but you need them neverthless.

Last edited by Kalandor on 2009-02-26, 16:01. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 105 of 197, by Kalandor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
t80 wrote:

Another question is: Where can I get a complete list of all possible key_commands like "key_up", "key_bspace", "key_enter"...

Thanks.

Yeah.. a list would be nice.
I found out some like "key_home", "key_end", "key_pageup", "key_pagedown".. These work.. tested it in keymaping already.

I would like to know if it is possible (and if yes, how?) to map right-mouse click on a different key, since on Nokia E71 they are accessible only by a combination of Fn key and another symbol, which currently cannot be accessed.

Reply 107 of 197, by gregd72002

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

what about creating sub-thread or something similar concerning "running dosbox on s60" and this list leave as it is for development news, tests, etc?

I can imagine that this forum in next days/weeks will have thousands of new visitors, just because of this port... if everyone will start to write in here it will just create one big chaos

Reply 109 of 197, by Kalandor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Qbix wrote:

wasn't there on page 5 of this thread a list ?

sure there is a list, but it contains mapping for the alphabet symbols, and it would be good to be able to map symbols as slashes, asterisk, +, -, etc that can be needed in some games.

I've created a .bat file that a different version of mapper.txt is copied depending on the game I want to play.

Reply 111 of 197, by Freddo

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
tyru wrote:

Is possible to on SVGA core emulator on dosbox for s60? Some nokia telephones have 3d accelerator.

OpenGL ES hardware doesn't really help when it comes to DOS emulation (with the exception of Glide emulation).

I'm not sure what you mean with SVGA core emulator, though. People have been running Windows 3.1 with it, so higher resolutions works fine, even though they are resized for the 320x240 screen of the phone.

Reply 112 of 197, by kolijoco

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i'm close to finalizing the initial release. i'm creatively dubbing it v0.5.

i'd like the dosbox guys' thoughts on this:

seeing as this port will need several additions to make it useful: t9 input method, virtual keyboard/gamepad for the 5th edition touch-ui devices, and platform specific nuances: i think it would make sense to create a stand-alone sourceforge project for this purpose. initially the project would host the current snapshot of the source, but would move to maintaining a diff to the official dosbox code base asap.

so that would see the files and sources hosted on sf...

?

Reply 115 of 197, by pizzulicchio

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have got a nokia E90.
I have a serius problem with the internal and the external display resolution of this first porting of dosbox.
The application starts without problem but is very difficult to read the characters on the screens.
A key map for my E90 too, should be very appreciated 😊

Reply 116 of 197, by Kalandor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
pizzulicchio wrote:
I have got a nokia E90. I have a serius problem with the internal and the external display resolution of this first porting of […]
Show full quote

I have got a nokia E90.
I have a serius problem with the internal and the external display resolution of this first porting of dosbox.
The application starts without problem but is very difficult to read the characters on the screens.
A key map for my E90 too, should be very appreciated 😊

Use the keymap given at the begining of page 5 in this thread and add the key_1 ... key_0 maps from the keymap included in the zip file with the port. That should do the trick to use the most part of your QWERTY keyboard.