VOGONS

dosbox for s60 (symbian) first results

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 121 of 197, by Kalandor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
pizzulicchio wrote:
Perfect! IT WORKS!!! Now the "enter" key is fully working […]
Show full quote

Perfect! IT WORKS!!!
Now the "enter" key is fully working

The screen size seems zoomed but now it's readable!
Now the only problem seems to be the audio that isn't clear!

I think it's better to disable audio when possible. I think you'll save some CPU cycles if you launchg games with audio disabled.

DanILD wrote:

Does it work on nokia 5800?????

I think it would run.. How is entirely different matter. But we are all waiting for the dynamic-core release 😀

Reply 122 of 197, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

There are more projects on sourceforge that are ports of dosbox. However they all seem to die really fast.
So if you just want to have the source available (if you don't have time to develop it anymore) then this forum is just as fine as a dorment sourceforge project.
There are a few ports which already implemented a overlay keyboard I think. For example the n0p port.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 123 of 197, by kolijoco

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

@qbix,

point taken...

i'd prefer taking it to sf to keep development (even if not by myself) "centeralized", and hopefully prevent too many multiple versions and instances from floating around.

the ultimate goal is still to facilitate a merge into the official dosbox tree, which right now would take many-many ifdef-s, and with the symbian-side "clarity" lacking at this point i couldn't do it with a clear conscience.

so if there are no serious objections, i'll try to take it to sf for now...

Reply 125 of 197, by abdelrahman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i have a 5800 device i already downloaded the dosbox_s60 what else should i get to run this windows on my device
and please does it have any problems ???
thank u

i used to be my own protection but not now cause my path has lost direction somehow

Reply 130 of 197, by kolijoco

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

my carbide (ide) just stopped working. anyway, till i get that revived, and sf.net approves the project (i put the request in), thought i'd let the faithful experiment with the last binary i had built.

changes (quite a few things, read the NEW readme, and the comments in the attached NEW conf file!!!):

- dynamic core!!! beware, it needs (yet more) ram

- pagable high res mode

- i've obsoleted the orientation setting. dosbox should now always start in landscape mode.

thats about it. please refrain from posting requests until the project opens up on sf...

have a happy weekend!

edit: go to sourforge to download (s60dosbox package)

https://sourceforge.net/projects/s60dosbox

Last edited by kolijoco on 2009-03-03, 16:05. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 131 of 197, by Andy1210

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you! 😀 You are the Best 😁
Screen Zoom working perfectly 😁 in page mode

windows not working 😁 after win boot screen->dosbox quit
Supaplex work great 😀
streetrod too

I test it yet 😀

only for kolijoco: /közzétettem nokiaprogramokon is 😀 ahogy már eddigis tettem 😁 /

Reply 134 of 197, by Octane

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello! Great work you have done sir. I been waiting for a port to s60 for a long time!! 😁!!

I have a question here about keymapping. I'm stuck in a game because I need to use the dash ( - ) in a game and I can't figure out how to map it correctly. Is there a way I can map the dash to the * or # key?

Thanks in advance and again, great work.

Edit: Got it now! enjoying some X-COM now 😁!!!!!!!

Reply 137 of 197, by pepe55

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks ,new version is good but I think that cd rom support is important because some games not working now .
And I have one question is there any way to use keymap like on PSP inputmap in bat files for example
keen5/keen5.bat - INPUTMAP key_1 "key 49"
INPUTMAP key_2 "key 50"
INPUTMAP key_3 "key 51"
INPUTMAP key_4 "key 52"
INPUTMAP key_5 "key 53"
INPUTMAP key_6 "key 54"
INPUTMAP exec keen5e

Last edited by pepe55 on 2009-02-28, 08:15. Edited 1 time in total.