VOGONS

dosbox for s60 (symbian) first results

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 160 of 197, by Kalandor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
leventbb wrote:
Further findings on E71 keyboard: […]
Show full quote

Further findings on E71 keyboard:

"Funct key", "Shift Key" and "Ctrl Chr" keys do not produce keycodes, they only produce scancodes (25,18 and 24 respectively)

more surprisingly

@ key, = key and () key produces keycodes (64, 61 and 40 respectively) and scancodes (64, 126 and 124) but dosbox does not capture them.

I'm no expert in these things but I think, to fully utilize E71s keyboard (and probably E90s, E60, E62, E63, E75s and also any BT keyboard) dosbox has to capture scancodes as well.

If SDL provides keycodes to dosbox, this may become a more difficult problem than it is already.

I noticed that if you delete mapper.txt file, you can use E71 keyboard normally and even type capital letters in the command line by holding down Shift key. Fn key does not work though. Bigger problem though is the inability to use right mouse click on E71 because # and * keys are used in combination with Fn. Any suggestions how right click can be used on E71 ? 😈

Reply 161 of 197, by Freddo

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
OMI wrote:

dear will some one will tell me that form where i download win 98 lite img file

You buy Windows 98 (try ebay) and then you buy 98lite, and then you make your own iso file.

Not that I understand why you would do such thing. Windows 98 is useless in DOSBox on S60 as it's very very slow. Not to mention unstable.

Reply 162 of 197, by joker18

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

IS there any posibillity to make the touchscrren acurate on nokia 5800? It is working but is is unusable. Only reacts to a part of the screen and it is almoast imposible to click on something. Could it be made so the mouse cursor to go where you touch the screen?

Reply 163 of 197, by pepe55

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have problem with fullscreen ,in previous version fullscreen works fine but in new i have black stripe on display (I think itś because in conf isńt scaler and aspect ) any help? thanks. you'll see this on screen 426426screenshot0025.jpg

or on video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qn4PZe61ys

Reply 165 of 197, by Jogi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Few words about DosBox on Nokia E61 (ARM 206 Mhz, 48 Mb RAM)

Even if you close all apps, including hidden (except used by DosBox) and switch to offline mode you couldn't launch the full version of the DosBox, only light. I've tried to start the win3.11 but unsuccessfully - the app just crash with no messages, no matter what is in your dosbox.conf. But, NortonCommander and TurboPascal works fine. Games are still unusable - even such old and simple games as f.e. Keen crash 🙁
The other problem is the keyboard - without mapper file it's impossible to use the alpha-numeric keys - only numeric are typed. However, i fixed this problem with modifying the mapper file from E71.
The display - in console mode the text is readable, but when i start Norton or TP... Seems like phones display set the 640*480 display resolution 😀

Reply 166 of 197, by nolito

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, only for 10 minutes it has been registering and it installed DOSBOX to me. And them comment: The first version of DOSBOX I do not work in my cellphone (Nokia 6120), but it completes version that removed, I work well, the problem is the render of the letters. Later him comment as it were to me with the configuration. Sorry for my english.

EDIT: I put .conf in the folder dates and the program I do not start

EDIT2: Change the value

-devicescreenwidth=240
-devicescreenheight=320

the program work

Last edited by nolito on 2009-03-01, 13:15. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 167 of 197, by tyru

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Freddo wrote:
OMI wrote:

dear will some one will tell me that form where i download win 98 lite img file

You buy Windows 98 (try ebay) and then you buy 98lite, and then you make your own iso file.

Not that I understand why you would do such thing. Windows 98 is useless in DOSBox on S60 as it's very very slow. Not to mention unstable.

Some games needs windows to run, but they are useless at this moment

Reply 169 of 197, by kolijoco

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i'm feeling a bit overwhelmed here :-)

@all:
ok. first the good news: sf.net approved, so i'll start uploading the code and docs tomorrow.
i really hope some devs will join in...
win3.1/95/98 issues. please don't ask. that's really not the immediate focus for the project. if you really want that (though i don't see why you'd want to) start a new thread for discussing it.

@full-keyboard users (e61/e71/e90/bt/whatever):
good news. i'm implementing a "pre-mapper" that will lat you configure multiple mappings, and toggle or modifier (press-and-hold) mode keys to switch between them on the fly. you should be able to configure ANYTHING... that should make it into release VERY soon.

@5800 users:
i do not have access to that device, and for a little while am not planning to upgrade to the 5th edition sdk and emulator, so i can't promise any fixes on touch-ui anytime soon. so: hope for someone with the proper inclinations and device access to join the dev effort on sf, or wait 'till a 5800 falls on my head. (my wife gets upset if i upgrade my phone more than once i year, and my e51 still has months to go... actually i did plan to to make the n97 my next :-). btw, i do accept donated hardware (from bored millionaires only :-)

@non-nokia users:
first check if you can run any other sdl apps (try xrick, free and easy) using the same sdl (1.2.13) binary. if you can, maybe there's hope...

thanks for understanding!

Reply 177 of 197, by toptnc

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Jogi wrote:
Few words about DosBox on Nokia E61 (ARM 206 Mhz, 48 Mb RAM) […]
Show full quote

Few words about DosBox on Nokia E61 (ARM 206 Mhz, 48 Mb RAM)

Even if you close all apps, including hidden (except used by DosBox) and switch to offline mode you couldn't launch the full version of the DosBox, only light. I've tried to start the win3.11 but unsuccessfully - the app just crash with no messages, no matter what is in your dosbox.conf. But, NortonCommander and TurboPascal works fine. Games are still unusable - even such old and simple games as f.e. Keen crash 🙁
The other problem is the keyboard - without mapper file it's impossible to use the alpha-numeric keys - only numeric are typed. However, i fixed this problem with modifying the mapper file from E71.
The display - in console mode the text is readable, but when i start Norton or TP... Seems like phones display set the 640*480 display resolution 😀

I have an E61 too and i don't know where are key codes listed. Where did you get key codes for E61? I have tried with mapper.txt for E71 but alphanumeric keys doesn't work

Reply 178 of 197, by jal

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Qbix wrote:
gregd72002 wrote:

I can imagine that this forum in next days/weeks will have thousands of new visitors, just because of this port... if everyone will start to write in here it will just create one big chaos

i doubt that will happen

*cough* *cough*

JAL

Reply 179 of 197, by Anotherguest

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just a note on E61 and E71, even though the devices may look similar, the actual keylayout handling is quite different.

On E71, all keys by default generate alpha scancodes, but on the E61 the middle numeric keys always generate 0-9, + '*' and '#'.

So not sure if E71 would require any kind of mapping, whilst E61 should only generate numbers when the FN key is beeing pressed.

Ideally this kind of keyhandling would go into the SDL backend and not DosBox it self, as there are different SDL apps which have usuage of both a) better screen handling (VGA) and of course optimial keymapping.