VOGONS

First post, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yesterday, while I was trying to run Prehistorik 2 from Titus software, I noticed that the first screen saying: 'my game is already running at 2003, blah blah' was not appearing under DosBox. After a while, i noticed it was because DosBox doesn't support DATE and TIME ms-dos commands. Huh? I think it must not be that difficult to implement them. Maybe they aren't really necessary or they are kept at a lower priority... Who knows?

EDIT: If you feel this post should be elsewhere (The other DosBox category), forgive me, some administrator be kind enough to move it, please.

Reply 1 of 7, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

are you sure the game will work if those commands were added ?

it's weird that the game would do an external call as the internal calls to date and time are supported .... why create such an overhead....

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 2 of 7, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The game already works. It just doesn't show an initial screen. Of course I know DATE and TIME commands are internal ones. If they are supported, how come that when i type them it comes out nothing, then? I presume you mean they're are supported internally when a program makes a DOS Call to the appropiate int/function, but not supported as 'typeable' commands. Is it not?

Reply 5 of 7, by bailey

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I'm having a time/date issue with some old software now. It probably doesn't matter much, but older BBS software such as the one I'm testing (Renegade v04-05 I think) will not load and drops to the prompt saying "Please enter a time and date." There's a newer version of this software from 2004 that doesn't have this problem. I believe 04-05 is from 1996. Just thought I'd let you know.

Reply 7 of 7, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

I fixed a small bug with date and time on files which were open.
some savegames now show proper dates and times as well

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!